Thursday, June 14, 2007

This is our story

In 2002, my husband Mike was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, advance late stage cancer. He was 35 years old and a father to our 3 boys ages 12, 8, and 4. The transition from a wife and a mother into a nurse and a father/mother role to the children, when he was acutely ill, was challenging . The phases of the whole illness process was fast in just over a short period of time. I could hardly keep up with it. Because of our faith in God and our friends' and my mother's support, I was able to face the challenge head on. At the time of Mike's acute stage, there were so many depressing thought that went through my mind. My question was should I choose to be bitter or better. I chose to be better. I never regret my decision to be better at facing the challenge.

No comments: